Walk along the 12 km long Lungo Mare promenade, which runs along the sea and gives you voyeuristic views of villa’s and gardens, palaces and goes through thick bushes and along rocky bays. Many opportunities for sunbathing at one of the Hotel resorts with swimming pools and the sea close by, or find a place along the rocky coast to put your sunbathing towel and have a long swim in the clear blue sea.
The symbol of the town Opatija is the beautiful sculpture, called – the Girl with the Seagull. The sculpture is placed on a rock with views to the open sea. It is very popular site to photograph, with views to the islands Krk and Cres.
What to see in Opatija
- Church of St. Jakob
- Church of the Annunciation of Mary
- Croatian Museum of Tourism
- Villa and Park Angiolina
- visit health spa in one of the Hotels
Beaches in and around Opatija
- Beach Lido is located next to park Angiolina and offers sandy, rocky and concrete area’s and has a blue flag. There are restaurants and deckchairs and umbrella’s. You can find shade underneath the pine trees nearby and is ideal for families with small children.
- Beach Slatina is located in Opatija and offers many facilities on its concrete beach. It has a blue flag and has showers, toilets, sport facilities, restaurants, beach chairs and umbrella’s, is ideal for children and wheelchair accessible.
- Beach Moscenicka Draga located a few kilometres form Opatija and offers pebble beaches along it’s 2km long shore, it is beautifully naturally located with Mediterranean vegetation and it has a blue flag for its clean water. It is a popular beach and offers deck chairs, umbrella’s, restaurants, bars, good beach for families with children, fun and sport.
- Beach Icici is located in the village Icici, between Opatija and Lovran, it has a blue flag, fine gravel beaches with concrete slabs. Ideal for families with little children as it has playground facilities nearby
- Beach Peharovo located close to Lovran it has a fine gravel beach with a bit of sand it has a blue flag, restaurants, bars and is ideal for children. At night young people gather here on the beach for parties.
- and of course there are many more beaches to discover around Opatija!