Stroll through the narrow streets with surprising views, visit the market place and try some of the local products. There are many little bars and restaurants, many with terraces that have excellent views over the sea. At night, at some places, there are lights placed in the water so you can sea fishes swimming below you, while you’re having a delicious dinner or drink.
- Visit the St. Euphemia Church on top of a hill in the centre of Town, with beautiful views. A visit to the top of the church tower is not for the faint of heart, but it is after all a replica of the Church of St. Mark in Venice!
- There are three ancient gates to be seen in town; the The Portica, gate of St. Benedict, and the gate of the Holy Cross
Beaches in and near Rovinj
- Monte Beach in Old Town Rovinj on it’s West site coast a nice pebble beach, there are bars and restaurants nearby but there are no further amenities.
- Scaraba Beach is a nice natural rocky beach with big flat stones ideal for sunbathing, just 3km south of Rovinj in the Golden Cape Park Forest (Zlatni Rat), there is a nudist area and the beach is not very suitable for people not well a foot and for little children, there is restaurant, bar and toilet.
- Lone Bay Beach is one of the most visited beaches in Rovinj, close to the entrance of the Golden Cape Park Forest. Great for families with children, there is a bar, toilet , showers and beach chairs and umbrella’s can be rented.
- Porton Biondi Beach has a great flat green lawn and a concrete area for sunbathing, there is no natural shade but it offers a splendid view of Rovinj. It is suitable for small children as there is an easy pebble access into the water, there are restaurants, bars, beach chairs for rent and more amenities available.
- Polari Beach is just 4km south of Rovinj and is very suitable for families with children and is located in a camping area. There are many facilities, like showers, bars, restaurants, rental beach chairs, umbrellas and sport grounds, toilets and pets are allowed.
- Cuvi Beach located south from Rovinj centre, you can park for free near restaurant Cuvi, and take a forest path of a few hundred meters to the beach. The beach is rocky with pebbles and gravel and well suited for children, there are amenities like showers, beach chairs and umbrellas, toilets, sport grounds and much more.
- Vestar Beach is a sandy bay perfect for families with children. It is located at the camp-ground Vestar, you can park at the main entrance at the Vestar resort, the beach has a blue flag awarded due to it’s beauty and available facilities.
- Villas Rubin Beach offers everything you need on your beach holiday with many facilities, there is also a nudist area with a grass lawn.
- And even more beautiful beaches can be found along the coast near Rovinj, go and see for yourself!