Also this summer many events are organised in Zagreb the capital of Croatia. Some of the larger events are:
Cest is d’Best – this international street-event starts May 31st and lasts ’till June 4th 2017. During this exciting event many musical and acrobatic performances are shown on the streets of Zagreb by local and international artists – the full program you can find here.
The program in short
Trg ban Jelacic (Main square) – 15.00-23.30 various musical performances
Cvjetni trg (Flower square) – 17.00-23.30 various acrobatic and comedy shows
Zrinjevac park –
13:00-21:00 program for kids
21:00-23:00 musical performances with dancing
Štrosmayer – Festivalski klub
21:00-23:00 musical performances
CEST KINO – Gradec Katerinin trg – 21:00-23:00 various open air film projections
POTEPUH – Opatovina bb / Trg Petrice Kerempuha – 18:00-23:00 various musical and acrobatic performances
Animafest – from 5 – 10 juni 2017 the international festival of ‘animated film’ is held in Zagreb.
More information you find on their website: of international festival of animated film
INmusic festival – from 19 – 21 juni 2017 the 12th INmusic festival is held with performances by pop artists, like Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, Michael Kiwanuka, Kasabian, Public Service Broadcasting, Slaves, Flogging Molly, Darko Rundek, Kel Assouf, The Strange, Booka Shade, HAUS, St.Tropez, Danko Jones, The Black Room, Slow Motion Suicide, Sunshine Madness, Orchestra Baobab, Zoster … here you find more information about the program and location.
International Folklore Festival – 51. Međunarodna smotra folklora is held from 19 – 23 July 2017
There are folklore dance and musical shows, workshops and exhibitions at various locations, like the main square Trg Ban Jelacic and in the old upper town of Zagreb (Gradec). Here you find more information about the program of the folklore festival.
- Zagreb Card – You can buy a Zagreb card that is valid for 24 or 72 hours, and with this card you have entrance to musea, the Zoo and public transport, and you get a price reduction at various shops, restaurants etc. You can buy the card online in the webshop, at the tourist office on the Main square (Ban Jelačić Square 11), or at the reception desk of various hotels, hostels and tourist organisations in Zagreb. Here is the link to the website, so you can find out whether it pays of to buy the card.
- Parking in Zagreb – you can park your car on the streets of Zagreb, but it is often difficult to find a good spot. There are three different parking zones and you can buy your parking ticket on the street at the parking machine. You can pay cash or with mobile phone (SMS), when you use a foreign phone take care that you start with the country access code (+385), befor e typing your registration (without spaces) and the number of the zone written on the parking machine 700101 (zone 1), 700102 (zone 2), 700103 (zone 3). You get a confirmation SMS wand a warning SMS when the parking time is almost over.
You can also park your car in a public parking garage
– Garaža – Gorica – Marticeva 69 – 370 places
– Garaža – Kvaternikov trg – Trg Eugena Kvaternika 6 – 354 places
– Garaža – Langov trg – Trg Josipa Langa 13 – 305 places
– Garaža – Petrinjska – Petrinjska 59 – 134 places (near Strosmayerov trg)
– Garaža – Rebro – Kispaticeva 12 – 664 places
– Garaža – Svetice – Ulica Divka Budaka 1e – 115 places
– Garaža – Tuškanac – Tuskanac 1b – 465 places
- Locations of tourist information offices
Airport Zagreb – Ulica Rudolfa Fizira 21
Trg Ban Jelacic – Main square – Trg bana Jelacica 11
Bus station – Autobusni kolodvor Zagreb
Lotrscak Tower – Kula Lotrscak Strossmayerovov setaliste (old upper town)
Central train station – Trg Kralja Tomislava 12
Have a great time on your city trip to Zagreb!